9/3/10

Food at the Fair


This is a sample of some of the food we ate at the Minnesota State Fair. The tasty treats included are: Honey ice cream, alligator and hush puppies, cheese curds, pineapple milk shake, beer on a stick, fruit salsa, hot dish on a stick, Uffda and what was a deep fried Reece's Peanut Butter Cup.
And not for the reviews: The honey ice cream was good. The alligator was tiny pieces, dipped in batter and deep fried and tasted like deep fried batter. The hush puppies were over done and dry. The deep fried cheese curds, well, need I say more? Who can you possibly go wrong there? The pineapple shake from the dairy barn was wonderful. The beer on a stick was very clever and I wish I would have thought of it. As far as the taste, I'm not a beer drinker so I would have to check with my daughter on that one, she seems to be the expert. The fruit salsa was excellent and I'm going to be trying to make that at home. The hot dish on a stick was good but the Uffda was out of this world. I had that last year and was so impressed I had to go back for more this year. And the last picture is the remains of a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup on a stick. That's one of the few things that I must get when I go to the fair. Not pictured and barely worth talking about is the camel on a stick. It was very dry (but I guess we all know camels) and tasteless.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: