5/29/09

Friends, Fun and Dorset Buttons

Last night I hosted our monthly crazy quilt group and I did a little demo on dorset buttons. There are some great tutorials out there but my favorite is this one.

Sorry about the bad pictures. Things weren't really this intense and I think they had much more fun than is seems in the pictures.


This is what they accomplished.


After they left I finished a couple of others that I had started.

At the request of Kathy here are the recipes from the salad and dessert I served. I was going to just post the link the the recipes since they are both from all recipes, but I changed them both so decided to just post them both here. Recipes are like the speed limit, only to be used as guideline, not to be followed closely.
Rice A Roni Salad
1 package chicken flavored rice mix (I used low sodium)
2 bunches green onions, chopped
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast meat.
2 apples chopped (I dipped them in Fruit Fresh so they wouldn't turn brown)
3/4 cup mayonnaise (I used low fat)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons curry
salt and pepper to taste
Prepare Rice A Roni as directed on package and chill.
To the Rice A Roni add rest of ingredients, mix well and chill.

Sour Cream-Rhubarb Squares
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and four 9 x 13 pan.
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix these together and set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream together:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
Mix well and add:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
Lastly stir in 2 1/2 - 3 cups rhubarb.
Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle with reserved topping.
Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm or cool.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Cindy, It was a fun evening. Thanks for everything. You could post the recipe for the salad or the dessert. Too Good!
Kathy

Kathy said...

Thanks for the recipes. I can't wait to make the salad and dessert.
Kathy