11/27/13

Box Tutorial


I had a request for a little insight as how I made one of the boxes from my last post so here is what I did. I started out with a piece of 6 x 6  double sided paper. I like the 6 x 6 size because you can take a 12 x 12 paper and get 4 little boxes out of one sheet.
 

 Punch and score at 1 inch and 4 inches, the turn your paper to the side and punch and score following the score lines all the way around.  Then place the corners into the corner rounder side of the punch board and round all the edges.
 Cut the paper on the score lines as shown. (I usually make templates for my projects out of ugly cheap paper.)

 When you put it together attach the sides on the outside of your box.  That way when you fold the top flap down you will have a nice smooth finish on the top of your box.
I added brads and a ribbon handle after I was done, but I recommend doing this before you put it together as it's much easier to attach brads to a flat surface. And guess what fits inside - three Ghirardelli chocolates.
Stay tuned as I have more in the works using various sizes of paper.

No comments: