5/14/09

Round Robin Block



I joined another round robin, where you make a block and it gets sent to four others to stitch on and add their personal touches, then gets sent back to the owner. The theme is Autumn, my favorite time of year, so I just couldn't resist. This is Rita's block and I forgot to take a before picture, but this is what it looks like after I worked on it.
The tree is made with brown pearl cotton, then I stitched over it with a variegated thread to give it some dimension. For the leaves I used this great Kimono Ribbon. When I bought it at a quilt show I had no idea what I would do with it, but I just knew I had to have it. I soon discovered that it makes great leaves for autumn blocks.

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

That is lovely ribbon! It sure is the right color for autumn leaves.

JennaLouiseCreates said...

The tree is stitched so nicely. The ribbon really does make for great leaves. How lucky Rita is to have you for her partner. Jenna Louise