5/30/09

I think I need a intervention


I went to an auction today and this is what I came home with. I need another sewing machine like I need another appendix, but no one was bidding and I felt sorry for it. I thought it really needed a good home, so I bid and got it for $2.00 and it works. I now have 7 old sewing machines in cabinets, and one that is not in a cabinet.

Then I also got these fantastic quilts. They were more than I wanted to pay, but I still didn't think $50.00 for the two of them was two bad.


This one is hand quilted. and looks to me like it could be from the late 50's or 60's. Not that I would remember or anything, I'm just guessing.


This is the one that I really fell in love with, and don't know what era it's from.

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Wow, you did really well, Cindy! I can't understand how quilts get to be sold at auctions for so little. They are so undervalued, when you think of the work that goes into them.
Your sewing machine looks in great condition - another bargain!

Michele said...

The second, I would guess 1930s - 1950s, leaning toward the earlier part of that time frame. (Not an expert opinion, just my $0.02!)