8/28/14

Fun with Friends

I just realized I had these pictures on my camera and never got around to posting them on my blog. I got together with my ever so talented friends and the first thing we did was have show and tell.
This is Jeanette and Bev sporting their wool purses that proved to be neither quick or easy. Bev bought the book almost a year ago at our retreat and it took this long to figure out how to make them and then get them done.

They turned out super cute but neither will be making another one.
 
 This is Jeanette showing off her wonderful grandmothers garden quilt.
 This is my favorite block.

 Bev won this cute little number on a quilt shop hop bus trip.
I think without the stark white jumping out it would be super cute and it looks so easy I might try to make one.
 
 After show and tell the fun began with Kathy giving us a lesson in gel printing.
 It was so incredibly amazing to see the results, that Evy, Jeanette and I had to order our own gel printing plates from Amazon.  We are anxiously awaiting the arrival so see what we can create.
These are the papers that I came home with.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great blog post Cindy. Can't wait to get together again and play with our gelli plates. Hope you come up with some great ways to use the gelli printed papers.