4/18/13

Stampin' Up Fun

Today I could have the exact same title as last time since we are have another storm. School closed early, the snow is blowing and the wind is starting to blow. I thought about taking another picture but I think everyone is so tired of seeing it no one needs any more reminders of the winter that never left.
Earlier this week I got together with two fellow Stampin' Up demonstrators to brain storm, share ideas and play with paper.
We made pinwheels using the Stampin' Up pinwheel die, so that makes it a fun project.
We made them in 3-D form and flat form.  The 3-D pinwheels are a little more time consuming but  would be super cute as cupcake toppers. We also learned how to do the chalkboard effect.
Then we played around with glossy paper.  I wasn't familiar with it at all, so this was so much fun.
I am definitely going to be experimenting some more with this technique.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Great projects, can't wait to learn the chalkboard technique.

Gina E. said...

I'm enjoying all your projects, Cindy! Thought I'd posted a comment on your snow pictures last week, but I can't see it, so maybe I didn't. This must be a world first - snow in both hemispheres at the same time...while your winter is hanging on, it snowed today in two states of Australia - our winter isn't due to start until June!!