I received a fun little surprise in the mail today from one of my followers that had responded to my card question. I sent her a little package and today I received this super cute snap bag. It's purple, my favorite color with sweet little beads embellishments. Thank you Robbie.
 Yesterday and today we are having a snow storm so I decided to do some sewing. Last week when I was going through some fabric in my sewing room, I came across a jelly roll that I bought a couple of years ago to make a bag that you take the fabric and wrap around cording. Well, I figured the bag thing just wasn't going to happen so I am using it for a fun project I found on pinterest.
You start out sewing strips together like crazy. I sewed four together but you can sew as you like together. Then cut them so you have a square.

Put two squares together with the strips going the opposite direction.
Cut them diagonally,
Trim and sew back together and you get this.
Four blocks.


Robbie said...

So glad you like your little snap bag! I don't have a large selection of fabrics here but I thought the colors went well!! Love your play time you're doing with the fabric! Bag or not, it's clever!

Gina E. said...

Oooh I like that idea! A nice easy one that won't tax my poor neck at the moment, which isn't coping with measuring, cutting, pinning and sewing vast lengths of fabric.

Sandy said...

I like your colors and the look of the design for the quilt squares. I think I shall go try it now.