3/19/12

Crazy Quilting

This is my latest crazy quilt project. I really haven't been doing mush of it mainly because I'm running out of space in my house to display it and it's a lot of work just to have it sitting inside a trunk. But when our local quilt shop offered a class with wool I just couldn't resist. We started embellishing the seams in class then I finished on the long trip to Fargo this week end.
This is how Lucy Lu utilizes her time. She's not as productive as me.

 A closer view.  Next time we will be adding wool applique pieces such as flowers, bees, a crow, ect.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Those fabrics certainly look different! At first glance, I thought it was felt, and decided immediately I would do something similar with all the felt scraps I've got in my stash. Then when I read on further into your post and found it wasn't felt, I still thought I'm on to a good thing! I empathise with you not wanting to make any more quilts because of lack of display space. I'm in the same boat, but I just can't help myself - I just have to make some of the gorgeous projects I see in magazines!