1/27/11

A Couple More


I don't know where yesterday day went, but it's gone for ever and I forgot to post so with out further ado I will post more than one today to make up for lost time. This is a smaller lap size in flannel that was going to keep my legs and feet warm and cozy while stitching in my recliner.

I'm hand quilting it.
This one I had in my basement and totally forgot I even had.  I don't have any recollection of why or when I started it. It's pretty big, I'm guessing queen size and looks like a sampler, perhaps I thought I needed to practice my sewing skills. This one I started hand quilting as well and must have planned on having friends over to help as it has several needles and thread in place and ready to go. I'm pretty sure that's the only way it's going to get finished in my life time is if I invite quilters over on a regular basis and they can't leave until they done a few stitches.
This is a little wall hanging I saw in a quilt shop and had to buy the kit.  I just wasn't sure how I wanted to quilt it or what I will do with it when it's finished.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

I'm not surprised that you haven't finished a QUEEN sized quilt that you were HAND quilting! Can't you finish it off by machine? I guess not...
I like the wall hanging with the circles; I've seen that pattern in a magazine, and was tempted to get it.