11/25/09

Happy Thanksgiving


I thought this year for Thanksgiving I would try to make something special and different so when I saw some cute little pumpkins on Marsha's Kitchen blog I decided to give it a whirl.  I have all kinds of cookie cutters so I found my pumpkin shape one and proceeded to make them only to find that I could only put 1 teaspoon of pumpkin on each little pumpkin shape and it would take me days to use up all the pumpkin mix at that rate.So I made one batch with the cookie cutter, then rolled out another pie crust and made the rest into pumpkin pie.
They turned out cute and very tasty, but then I dropped the container on the floor and now they don't look so pretty.Good thing I took a picture first.

 
Opps, I forgot to take a picture before my hubby cut into it.
Well, the truth is, I don't really like pumpkin pie so I decided to do what I know and love.

Yes, that would be cookies.  Since I had spent so much time with the pumpkin and such, I decided to keep it simple.  I used the Toll House recipe and used M&M's instead of chips.

I used the holiday dark chocolate and holiday mint.


Raw cookie dough.  Yum.  There's nothing better.  I know you aren't supposed to eat unbaked cookie dough but I have been doing it all my life and don't actually know of anyone that has died from it and if it happens to me.... well, I can't think of a better way to go; with a big ol' spoon full of cookie dough in my mouth.


Yes, I did bake a few, just for fun.
Happy Thanksgiving and remember to be thankful.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love your turkey! Is that part of a tablerunner? Your cookies look very yummy, Cindy; and I think you can rest easy about the raw dough as if it were "bad" they wouldn't put it in ice cream, right? LOL

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Everything looks yummy! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Your blogging friend, Jenna Louise

Kathy said...

Great post. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.