8/19/09

Applique Pin Cushions


I ran across a wonderful tutorial for making these adorable little rings. The instructions say to use a ring back, but I could not find any within a hundred mile radius of my house, although I do live in the middle of nowhere. I didn't want to order off the internet and pay more in postage than the ring backs cost so I racked my brain trying to come up with something else to use. Then it hit me, I had a couple of Bobbin Bikinis that I had gotten as samples at my local quilt shop, so I attached those to the back and they work fantastic.The great tutorial can be found here

1 comment:

JennaLouiseCreates said...

These are adorable:) Oh you always have the best things to share. I love the blocks you purchased:) And the pie pincushion...yummy:) Miss you a lot. My busy season is winding down. The 4-H quilters delivered 52 quilts on Monday to the neonatal unit. Oh it was so heartwarming and I got a best of show at a local quilt show...it was another shock. Making milkshakes for 4-H this weekend at the tractor pull and the life will settle down some:) Thanks for being my friend.