9/19/08

Fruit Ladies

These are the two I worked on. It was hard to decide, I wanted to work on all of them but I have to save room for others.
The apple/ pear lady is wearing a shower cap so I covered it with french knots and put a charm pear on her butt. On the seam treatment I did the herringbone stitch and had to do one of my favorite stitches, the oyster stitch.
This one I added red rick rack, straight stitches and beads. the bunch of bananas was just screaming at me to put that on, so I listened and did what I was told. Then I also added my all time favorite - the feather stitch.

These are all four of her blocks.
This project is a round robin with our small group of local crazy quilters. These are Bonnie's blocks and they were so much fun to work on.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love what you have added to my blocks. Thank you!

ScaryCheri said...

oh how cute. I have been hording my fabric you sent me like that. Just can't bear to use it yet but those inspire me. Love the pin cushions. Thanks for your comment on my bird. It was fun. Have the grandkids still so not getting much computer or art time. working on a Halloween coaster set out of plastic canvas but it's been pretty nopisy for counting stitches, lol. Hugz, Scary