10/11/18

Abbey Retreat

I recently came back from an art retreat in Marvin, SD at a place called Abbey on the Hill. It was a monastery that has been turned into a wonderful peaceful place to go and fuel up on whatever it is you need.  I needed to refuel my creative juices and wow, this wonderful group was just what I needed.


There was a mixture of all kinds of mixed media going on.  Painting with acrylics, watercolor,  charcoal, drawing, needle felting and rock painting to name a few.
Here is a table of previous work that some brought for show and tell.

I just love these little guys.  They are made from 5 x 7 canvas. I'm in the process of trying to recreate one.
 Violet is working very seriously on her next children's book. She has written two already and she is a very talented writer/illustrator.
 This artist used found objects from nature and did a short inspiring talk.

            Her work was fascinating to me. 

                                       
         Another talented artist that did demos for us.


Painted rocks, don't you just love them?  I have always been a bit of a rock hound.


Another fabulous piece of art.
Shari did a demo on botanical printing.  I didn't take pictures of her wonderful work, but here is mine.  This was my first try and was totally experimental but there will be more to come in the future.
                                 Close Up.

This is a little book I made using paper that my sister gave me from Kazakhstan. I have been very stingy with using it in the past but I'm going to change.  It was be a crying shame for her to drag it all the way across the country only to be stashed away and never use it.

 I couldn't bare to waste even a morsel of it so I made beads out of the scraps.




No comments: