4/20/18

I have a cat now

Yes, it's true, but it's not your ordinary run of the mill cat, she is a joint custody cat.  How does that work you ask?  Well let me tell you, quite well actually.  She stays at my friends house most of the time, then when my friend is going to be gone an excessive amount of time, she come here.
She is a year old, was born and spend most of her life in a shelter, so needless to say, she has a lot to learn.  Some might say she is a bit of a wild child. She loves to jump on the fireplace mantel, refrigerator, table, counter and such, then she takes a swing and knocks random things to the floor. I don't keep a lot of things on my counter, so when she could find anything unattached to amuse herself, she took to batting at the hanging light above my island.  Uff dah!  A spray bottle of water is helping but she is keeping me on my toes.

She is so sweet when she is sleeping.

I haven't dared to let her into my craft room, partly I'm afraid of the damage she will do and partly because there is so much stuff in there I fear she may disappear never to be seen or heard from again.
For a while she was okay with waiting outside the door for me to come out, when something came over her and she made it in mission to come in.
It didn't take her long to figure out how to slide that barn door open.

So I locked her out with a broom.  She tried with all her might to get in.

And just in case you are wondering, she is getting along just fine with Lucy Lu.


2 comments:

Robbie said...

How adorable....her with your dog but really adorable trying to slide the door! Now that's a video for America's Funniest Video's. HA

Gina E. said...

LOL, that is so cute! Cats are a law unto themselves, no doubt about it. Our Tiger will miaow non stop to go outside at night, and because we have council laws which state cats are to be kept indoors between 6 pm and 8 am, we have to put up with his squealing until he tires himself out and falls asleep!