10/1/16

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

I found this post in my drafts, I'm pretty sure I posted the recipe before, but it's so yummy, it's worth posting again. In fact now I'm so craving it I think I will bake up a pan today.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars 
Preheat oven to 325
1 (18.25) package yellow cake mix  (I used caramel cake mix)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used a caramel almond spread)
2 eggs
Combine in a large bowl and mix until smooth.  Press into a 9 x 13 pan reserving 1 1/2 cup mixture to crumble on top.
1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
Melt in a small pan and pour over cake mixture.
Crumble the reserved cake mixture on to top evenly.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.  Cool completely before cutting into bars

No comments: