2/27/14

Cat Cards

I made a few of these cat cards a while back and I liked them so much I decided to make 6 more.
When I set out to make more I had forgotten how labor intensive they are as it ended up being an all day affair.
First I stamped the 6 backgrounds with the wood grain stamp from Stampin' Up.  After cutting out all 18 of the cats I then embossed them using three different embossing folders.  I dobbed the edges of all the cats and the wood grain backgrounds. I punched out the eyes and hearts using the owl punch from Stampin' Up.  After gluing those on I cut out and attached the whiskers and added a candy dot for the nose. When attaching the cats to the background I used dimensionals to pop two of them up leaving the middle one flat. I then attached the background to the card and whew (whipping the sweat from my brow) I was done.
 

No comments: