1/14/10

Gifts

I received gifts from two of my friends this week and I really don't know what I did to deserve them.  The first one is from my friends Susan, between her and her husband, they are two of the most creative and talented people I know.  She came to pick up a table topper that she will be quilting for me and handed me this marvelous  wooden box.


Her husband had made one as part of a gift at a Christmas party for one of the small quilting groups I'm in.  We played a game and someone else ended up with the fabulous hand made box, but I was coveting it like none other. I'm not sure what she did to get her hubby to make another one and I was just so thrilled to get it I didn't asked any questions.
The second gift is from my neighbor and friend Gert.

She said her daughter made them for me, again I don't know why but aren't they cool?  They are potholders and you can put your hand inside the pocket when you use them.  How cool is that?

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

The cabana boy did a great job on that box. I love it. What a great idea for the potholders!

Gina E. said...

Oh they really are cool! What a great way to recycle old jeans. I'm off to our op shop to buy some!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pot holders what a cute idea!

Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com