1/25/09

Spring has sprung

With all the excitement about bed springs, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and dig out that old crib mattress from my attic. Don't ask me why I have a baby mattress in my attic when my children are 20 and 23 years old. It's not like we kept it 'just in case'. It actually moved with us when we build this house. I guess just one of those unexplained phenomenal mysteries in life.
Here are what the bed springs look like when they are semi taken apart, and a word to the wise, they are a bit like Christmas tree lights, if you let them get to close to each other, they start in intertwine and it's just not a good situation for a very impatient person like me. Then put a playful dog in the mix and things could get ugly fast.
My husband helped me drag it out of the attic above our garage on a day when the temp was well below 0 and also got the tin snips and helped me cut them apart. So I knew I needed to make something out of them very soon or he would start asking why I needed them at that very moment. Yes, peer pressure has always been a problem for me.
These are the first two and I can see many more in the future, probably 30 or more if I am going to use all the springs.
The bird needs a little jazzin' up. I sprayed him with coffee to give a little primitive look but he definitely needs something else.

1 comment:

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Wow, you have been busy. The pin keeps are daring and I love the creativity with the bed springs. Always something fun to see when I stop by. Jenna Louise