These three needed a little beauty makeover. Hulga and Hilda were just a little too ghostly looking so I used a little coffee on their faces and Dorie needed some hair and a little nose. Dorie has been adopted, so she is ready for her new home.
My daughter wanted a bulletin board type thing for her dorm room and having two children in college I'm trying to be frugal. So I went to my basement and dug out an old tri-fold poster board thing that had been used for a science fair project. I split it on the folds and covered it with some left over batting, fabric and ribbon. It not Martha Stewart standards but it's done and the price was right.This is a close up of the ribbons.
I brought this yummy rayon thread at Nordic Needle in Fargo. I don't really love working with it yet, I think I just need to practice ( that's why I had to buy more) but I absolutely love the look of it. Then some night when there is something good on TV I will sit and put them into these handy dandy holders that I bought at Nordic Needle last year.
Our small group of crazy quilters will be doing a round robin and I decided to make a white cat to send around. Well, I messed up and didn't reverse one and I ended up with two fronts and no back. So I made two backs and now have two cats. One will be sent around and the other I am going to use as a practice cat for new stitches and old stitches that I need to master.