Our small group of Knot so Crazy crazy quilters is going to be doing a postcard swap and since I'm doing the demo on it I decided to make a couple for samples.
This one is done in cottons and still needs to be embellished. This one is made with little bits of fancies left over from another project, it also needs to be embellished. This one is made with wools and is all hand stitched.
This is a pattern by Buttermilk Basin in a series of 12 months. They are supposed to be blankets for a sheep that I will get around to making some day. I have four of them started and this is the first to actually get done. One down only eleven more to go! I think I need to make the sheep next so I will be inspired to finish the rest.
This is the post card I received from Scary Cheri in return for the one I send to her. This post card has been sitting around unfinished for a while just waiting for a good home. I put a back on it and now it will be going to Scary Cheri and in return I will get one of hers.
I just finished hooking, yes I'm a hooker among other things, this little wool rug. I bought it in one of the quilt shops during the MN quilt shop hop and I wasn't inspired to finish it because I didn't know what I was going to do with it once I got it done. Then I remembered a little stool I had in my basement and thought it might look cute on the top of that. I haven't attached it yet and don't know if I will, since I don't really want to glue it down. The pattern is from Heartfelt Garden.
This is my first attempt at knitting a bag. It was an experimental project and I did learn that I should have attached the handles before I felted it. It turned out smaller than I expected and I don't know what I am going to do with it. It's too small for a purse for me. I might needle felt a flower or two on it just for fun.
I finally did it. I finished my quilt that was two years in the making. It all started when I was cleaning my sewing room and decided I needed to use up some fabric before I could justify buying more. So I set out to make a queen size quilt with out buying any fabric. I did it, even using what I had on hand for the backing. As I was sewing the binding on, I took it one step further and used up a bunch of odd thread on some of my bobbins. I think Sophie Mae approves.
I just put together these drawers from IKEA. I have some them in white that sit in a corner of my family room and I love them so much I got another one for my sewing room. The drawers are only about 3 1/2 inches high, 10 inches wide by 14 inches long. So they are perfect for organizing smaller items.