9/29/08

Pin Cushion - Before and After


I've been playing around with old CD's and this is a pin cushion I made using two of them.



Well, before I had a chance to post a picture it had a horrible fate. I left town last night for a few hours and came home to find this. My dog somehow got it off the kitchen counter and this is what is left. My husband stopped her from totally destroying it, but she could have just as well, because I just don't see how it can be salvaged. I used wool for the inside and she has this obsession with wool, whether it's a sweater, coat or yarn. I think she would even attack a live sheep.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

That was really too bad. The pincushion was so cute, something I would have liked in my collection. The dog is pretty cute too. Hope you can salvage the pc.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Cindy, I am working on a CQ wool Christmas CD pincushion. I have never made one either, hopefully it will turn out OK.

Maggie R said...

well what a shame..... Dogs will be dogs eh??!!
Your work is very lovely and inspirational. Never heard of a CD being used for a pincushion. Is it just the base I asume... Nice...
Thanks for a good time here
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie