8/3/08

Auction Finds

I fell in love with this one and has a couple of stains on it, maybe that's why I got it for 12.50. It's hand quilted and I think it's about a twin size.

This one I had to have because of all the work that went into the hand stitching. I paid the most for it. $17.50This one is hand quilted also, I had had to buy it because it was so cheap. $11.00

I should have been home helping my husband clean up the yard but there was an auction calling me ( the first one this year) and boy am I glad I went. I bought these three quilts, along with a car load of other stuff. Of course it isn't all good stuff, it was one of those that had one box of good stuff and they threw in two boxes of junk. There are hankies, aprons, lots of hand work items, crochet, embroidery, and I'm not even sure what else. Now I'm off to go thought my great (and not so great) finds piece by piece.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You bought some great quilts. Have fun going through all of your treasures.

Susan said...

I can't believe the prices you paid! That's miraculous. Beautiful quilts!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am SO jealous! I love collecting old quilts and you got some absolute steals!!!